A "Radical" Life
Striving to live a life less-ordinary.

robocop vs. things that actually matter

I read an article this morning about how the fine people of Detroit have, in only six days, raised over $50,000 in an effort to revive the city. What exactly were they raising the money for? A RoboCop statue. Amazing what can happen when people get behind such a noble cause! (insert sarcasm here). I bet the homeless people of Detroit are going to be pretty stoked to see that statue go up!

Okay, okay. I'm a little edgy this morning. Drinking my coffee faithfully, but it would appear to be failing me. I'm finding this stretch of waiting for pictures of our kids to be rather emotionally draining. I'm tired of waking up morning after morning, knowing the e-mail might have come, only to be let down once agin. It wears on a person. I absolutely know without any doubt that God's got it. That His plan is best and that He knows what He's doing! I just want to see our kids' faces.

And then I read stories about RoboCop...or about how we're trying to build a 53 billion dollar high-speed train system...or about how Justin Bieber is unimpressed with our health care system, and I can't help but get frustrated. How have we gone so far off the mark? How is it that we can so easily turn a blind eye to things that actually matter, and instead become infatuated and fascinated by things that don't? We've proven that we're more than capable of pouring all kinds of energy and money money into something that matters to us (even if we don't have the money). It's just that the things that matter to us are often not the things that matter to God, and therefore are things that don't actually matter.
0 comments:

Jeremiah Smith

Jeremiah Smith

WHY THE BLOG?

I'm striving to live a life less-ordinary. As followers of Christ our lives should not look like everybody elses. We should be more giving, more loving, more passionate, more sure, more...radical. But we're not. We blend in and desperately want to fit in. This blog is my journey toward to a "radical" life that doesn't look like the rest of the world.


ABOUT ME

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
A Hoosier, a Buckeye and two Rwandans out on a mission to serve the world. Missionaries for Rwanda through AFRICA NEW LIFE MINISTRIES. We are entirely donor-supported, so if you'd like to partner with us through prayer or finances, we would LOVE to set up a time to chat!