A "Radical" Life
Striving to live a life less-ordinary.

a message to my non-christian friends

I feel like some of you might quite possibly find my blog offensive. I'm always posting it on Facebook and I often wonder if some of my non-Christian friends are just like, "SHUT UP! I'm SO sick of hearing about your faith...that I don't share. I wish you'd just respect MY beliefs and not shove your religion down my throat." After all, I'm rather upfront about my convictions and don't really hold back. And I talk about Jesus a LOT.

I guess I just want you to know that my goal is not to offend you. That I care. That I'm in no position to judge you and would never try to. And that I'm not trying to shove anything down anyones throat. If anything, I hope I'm offending Christians, not you.

And I'm hoping that you realize that I write this blog and share my faith purely out of love. Think of it this way. If I truly believe that you need Jesus in your life in order to spend eternity with Him (as opposed to and eternity without Him), it would be incredibly UN-loving for me to not try to tell you about Him out of fear of offending you. You may find it irritating and rude, but nothing could be further from the truth (well...maybe the irritating part, but not the rude part!). I really would be a jerk of a friend if I DIDN'T talk to you about Jesus.

Even if you disagree with my beliefs, I desperately hope that you understand that one thing. I'm not trying to be offensive...I'm just trying to help. It's like discovering the cure for cancer and not telling anyone. I just can't do it. I've got to tell everyone I know.

Please know that you are loved. I have absolutely NO right to judge and certainly don't think I'm any better than anyone else or have everything figured out. Heck, I'm pretty messed up myself! I just want you to know the One who can save both of us. That He's real and it's not some story made up to make us all feel better. Frankly, what you or I think doesn't affect what's TRUE. And what really matters at the end of the day is what's true. Your or my belief or disbelief in Jesus doesn't determine whether or not He exists. So my real desire is for you to pursue TRUTH...no matter your background or bias or past run-in's with Christians and church.

It's because I care that I've got keep trying to tell you.
2 comments:

excellent thoughts my friend because in a lot of ways I am where you are at. Hope you all are doing well!


excellent thoughts my friend because in a lot of ways I am where you are at. Hope you all are doing well!


Jeremiah Smith

Jeremiah Smith

WHY THE BLOG?

I'm striving to live a life less-ordinary. As followers of Christ our lives should not look like everybody elses. We should be more giving, more loving, more passionate, more sure, more...radical. But we're not. We blend in and desperately want to fit in. This blog is my journey toward to a "radical" life that doesn't look like the rest of the world.


ABOUT ME

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
A Hoosier, a Buckeye and two Rwandans out on a mission to serve the world. Missionaries for Rwanda through AFRICA NEW LIFE MINISTRIES. We are entirely donor-supported, so if you'd like to partner with us through prayer or finances, we would LOVE to set up a time to chat!