A "Radical" Life
Striving to live a life less-ordinary.

bless me?


I am blessed beyond all reason. And so are you.

So why is it we are constantly praying for God to bless us? Why has "God bless America" become our motto?

This is not the Biblical example for prayer. The Biblical example includes mostly thanking God for already blessing us and asking Him to simply give us what we need.

Maybe the problem is that we define "needs" differently than God does.

Or maybe the problem is that we tend to come to God right before we do something and ask Him to bless it instead of allowing Him to guide our decisions in the first place. It's "Hey God, this is what I'm doing, so bless it" vs. "God, I want to bless YOU with all my decisions and with the way I live my life, so please guide my every step."

See, if you do it the second way you don't NEED to ask for God's blessing. If He has lead you to where you are, He's already in it and IS blessing it. All you're energy can be used to thank God for already blessing you and to figure out ways you can point all the attention back to Him.

The Bible doesn't say to invite God into your plans.
It says to follow His plans (which are already blessed).

FYI, Louie Giglio talks about all this in such a powerful way...you should really listen to this.


0 comments:

Jeremiah Smith

Jeremiah Smith

WHY THE BLOG?

I'm striving to live a life less-ordinary. As followers of Christ our lives should not look like everybody elses. We should be more giving, more loving, more passionate, more sure, more...radical. But we're not. We blend in and desperately want to fit in. This blog is my journey toward to a "radical" life that doesn't look like the rest of the world.


ABOUT ME

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
A Hoosier, a Buckeye and two Rwandans out on a mission to serve the world. Missionaries for Rwanda through AFRICA NEW LIFE MINISTRIES. We are entirely donor-supported, so if you'd like to partner with us through prayer or finances, we would LOVE to set up a time to chat!